well we tried...
So, we pack up and loaded up for another adventurous day on Matagorda beach. This time though we are going more prepared with big blue all packed. Change of clothes, snacks, the whole works, except of course, the First Aid kit! We had been there about 10 minutes when Nolan comes screaming out of the water shaking his leg. Sure enough he got stung by a Jellyfish. I was a little concerned because his ankle was swelling quite a bit and had like little white blister things all over it. So I wave down a PO and he comes over to help(the nicest guy, by the way) and reassures us he should be okay, that we would know if he was allergic by now. But if any of the kids get stung above the waste that can be a real concern because swelling can cause airway restriction. SCARY! So the swimming pretty much ended there. Except for the Haydude, he didn't care and NO, I couldn't keep him out!
So we focused on shark fishing instead and let Dad brave the jellyfish which is so weird cause last weekend we didn't see any jellyfish. I guess it has to do with the temperature of the water. Anyways, the pictures below show our success at shark fishing! I was so bummed and felt so bad for the dudes they so wanted to catch one. Especially the biggest dude!
MOM, "Uh guys be careful don't drop him!"
"doh"
You would think six little hands could hold One little fish! haha

2 comments:
I *love* that second picture! Too funny how they all wanted to have their hands on it at the same time! Classic sibling move.
I 2nd Heather's comment. Totally Classic picture!
How old is Hayden now? Is he almost 3? I have completely lost track.
Post a Comment