Friday, October 7, 2011

Fleeting Moments

I write this post feeling a bit sad, actually super sad and excuse the typos cause I can't see my computer screen through the tears. See, it has been exactly 8 days since Mason has nursed. 8 days since I gave him something no one else in the world could. He doesn't NEED me anymore, and I know this because I went to Vegas for 5 days and he was JUST fine! Alright, I'm being dramatic but I still struggle with the fact that my kids are growing up and ALL OF THIS is just a fleeting moment. The sweet, but very tiring babies, the terrible toddlers, the obnoxious tweens, and of course the terrifying teenagers! Can. not.deal. at all!

I don't think I will be a horrible "empty nester" but I do think I might go through some serious issues when Mason goes to Kindergarten.

I just had to take his pictures today because well I see him a lo
t differently now that he doesn't breastfeed anymore. He looks, all of a sudden... more mature
. Now, I know he is a biggen and that doesn't help but gosh he talks, he bosses his siblings around and he bites and pinches like a bully! He is a KID!

No more babies for this Momma and Yes, I could have 100 and I think I would still be sad! So I'm gonna just let myself be sad and deal in my own little way. Take lots and lots of pictures and then stare at them for hours and hours on end!


Thanks for listening, now look at my little man and cry( I mean Celebrate) with me cause he is Growin UP! :)




ps...it's an 18 month size shirt!
Just some milestones I need to mention to make me cry more...

Mason TJ
17 months Old...

He Blows Kisses(proof in the picture)
He says lots of things....Sponge Bob, Thank you, Wuv you, Down Set Hut, but the cutest is his... ByYE! (that's Goodbye with an accent!)
He is a complete bully, very bossy and super aggressive.
Throws his food...across -the-whole-house! (kind of excited for that phase to end)
He speaks in a very low growly voice.
He does football stances and yells...GO! GO! GO!
Hates his car seat. It is a full fledged wrestling match to get him in and he's strong!
I'm chopped liver compared to his sibs.
Oh and I can not forget to mention his Dance Moves...some of the best I've seen!

I will never-Ever take for granite the "Joys of Motherhood". It is what matters to me most in the Whole Wide World, Oh... and my marriage! :)!

2 comments:

Heather October 11, 2011 at 4:48 PM  

Sheesh lady. Thanks for making me tear up! This letting kids grow up thing is terrible. Really. I always thought I was going to have 4 kidlets, and then after this last pregnancy loss, I don't know if it will ever happen. So it makes watching Coop get bigger that much more bitter and heart breaking. I love the people my children are becoming, but it actually causes me chest pain to think of them leaving the nest! But how about we tackle it together? All of us moms will just have to buoy each other. Either that, or the teen age years may kill us and we will pray for them to go. Ha!

robbieniccum November 27, 2011 at 12:42 PM  

I totally had tears through this one!!! :/

Blog Archive

Lake Conroe, Texas

Lake Conroe, Texas
Where we live!

About Me

This blog is just about what I love most! My family and taking pictures of my family!
To sum me up I would say...I'm a big believer in God, an okay wife, pretty good mom, wannabe photographer, sometimes runner, and a funny friend (especially when I've been drinking)!
Thanks for visiting and please let me know you were here! I could always use new BFF blog friends! :)

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP