Saturday, February 25, 2012

Crazy Cup Stacking family

On Wednesday and Thursday we had our district Speed Stacking Competition. The first night was K-2nd and the second night was 3-5th grades.
As you can see the from the photo's. MY kids ROCKED it!!
I was so proud of Mollie for finally getting the nerves up to compete this year. I think she has always been a little frustrated because Nolan picked it up so fast and was pretty much instantly good. She has had to work at it a bit and has a ways to go. But I'm so proud of her for trying. She ended up 4th in 3-6-3, 3rd in 3-3-3 and FIRST in the Cycle!!!! (this was for her age group boys and girls) She ended up 5th overall(the whole district boys and girls) in the cycle. This will qualify her for Jr. Olympics if she wants to continue!! How exciting!
Now we all know the King of Kups! (So cute that's what his PE coach calls him!) Which is a good and bad thing. Apparently a lot of students are like Mollie and won't even compete because they know they can't beat Nolan. He got a personal record in the cycle of 9.76. Last year he was doing 13's! And swept all three races in the district. This includes boys and girls K-5th graders. We are still waiting to see if he gets a sponsor to go to nationals but he has definitely qualified for Jr. Olympics. The Jr. Olympics will be held in Houston this year in July. I can't even believe this who would have thought!

And then there is Hayden, the Dude, the Man. Who refuses to practice because its BORING but then wants to enter all the competitions. Lucky thing for him he's naturally gifted and walked away with a first in the 3-3-3 in the 6 year old division. PS. he refuses to learn anything else! :) It will be interesting to see if he continues with this or not.
Here are all my kids and our really great neighbor buddy who all placed in the top 5! I think I should take all the credit for this as I have tolerated the hours of tap tap tapping when they are all here, all the time, practicing! :)
And of course... the guy who thinks his Sibs have hung the moon and will do whatever he sees them doing will be a Future Stacker for sure!!
If you don't know much about this sport and would like learn more go here.


I copied and pasted this from the site but I agree and it's why I tolerate the tap tap tapping. :)


(What are the benefits of sport stacking? Kids don't need to be convinced about the benefits of sport stacking. They just plain love it (even your "way too cool for it" kids).

For teachers and parents, we've always touted hand-eye coordination, quickness and ambidexterity. We now can substantiate those claims. A university study by Dr. Brian Udermann, currently at the University of Wisconsin-Lacrosse, confirms that stacking improves hand-eye coordination and reaction time by up to 30 percent.

Sport stacking helps students develop bilateral proficiency equal performance on both sides of the body. By increasing bilateral proficiency, a student develops a greater percentage of the right side of the brain, which houses awareness, focus, creativity and rhythm. Stacking helps train the brain for sports and other activities where the use of both hands is important, such as playing a musical instrument or using the computer. Sequencing and patterning are also elements of sport stacking, which can help with reading and math skills.)


XO,

Jodie

0 comments:

Blog Archive

Lake Conroe, Texas

Lake Conroe, Texas
Where we live!

About Me

This blog is just about what I love most! My family and taking pictures of my family!
To sum me up I would say...I'm a big believer in God, an okay wife, pretty good mom, wannabe photographer, sometimes runner, and a funny friend (especially when I've been drinking)!
Thanks for visiting and please let me know you were here! I could always use new BFF blog friends! :)

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP