Saturday, June 23, 2012

First summer to fish solo...& of course Baseball.

I think they will remember this Summer forever! 
 Before I even wake up they get there poles ready, snacks made, sunscreen on and they are out the door. Say Whaat? My boys are big enough to go fishing ALL by them selves? ( shh I can see them from the house or they are fishing off our neighbors dock and she can see them too. ):) But still, they are feeling so proud, adventurous and independent. It's pretty much the cutest thing in the world!!
Hayden told me he's so good at catching fish that if he was in a kid fishing National Championship Competition he would Win! 
The boys take a walkie talkie with them so they can radio me to come remove the hook if it's too stuck. We are catching and releasing most of the time. No, I don't like to eat Catfish, ewe. But they do and I have to limit that, cause it's gross, but If Bill wants to clean and cook it then fine. 


and then we have this cowboy! 
Here is the conversation i get to have like 100 times a day with him. Since the bigger boys started this adventure. 
M-"MOM! MOM! Go fishING? (hands palm up and so cute, like its a Great Idea) 
Me- No, Mason we can't go fishing right now.
M- Awe MAN! 
Thant "AWE MAN" part is to die for and he says it all the time when I tell him no. It's really hard to say no too. :) He knows. :) 


Back to Base Ball. The Willis All-Star team Placed second in Districts. They did great and it was some fierce competition. When Nolan was receiving his second place trophy the coach from the winning team told Nolan he was the best catcher he's ever seen for that age group. That coach has taken several undefeated teams to Nationals and Won so we thought it was a huge compliment, and made Nolan's day even though they didn't win!! :)

Oh just one more brag on Nolan. Nolan got a New Axe Bat sent to him from the Vice President of sales for Baden Sports. I went to high school with him and he contacted  me and told me Nolan seems like just the kid they would like to have try out there new line of youth bats. So exciting!! Nolan used his new bat in the All-Star game and so did a couple of the other boys. It was a hit for sure. Here is Nolan's picture that is on the Facebook page and the link. Check them out. http://www.facebook.com/BadenAxeBaseball
Well off to Nolan's State baseball tourney with the Select (the rebels)team. Next week is Nationals in Louisiana and then I think we get a little break from Base Ball.

1 comments:

bret June 23, 2012 at 6:23 PM  

That blog post was great. Tell Nolan congratulations.

But, Please remove the picture of Mason in this blog post. It is just not right, I think Bill would agree.

Blog Archive

Lake Conroe, Texas

Lake Conroe, Texas
Where we live!

About Me

This blog is just about what I love most! My family and taking pictures of my family!
To sum me up I would say...I'm a big believer in God, an okay wife, pretty good mom, wannabe photographer, sometimes runner, and a funny friend (especially when I've been drinking)!
Thanks for visiting and please let me know you were here! I could always use new BFF blog friends! :)

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP