Friday, September 20, 2013

Weekend in Louisiana.

Started off my Birthday Weekend Road trip right. That's right for my 40th(gasp) we included the kids on a weekend in New Orleans. Our thoughts...teach em young how to party right?! no...?!? 

 Mr. Stuffed Alligator, Mason wouldn't get near. 










 yup, Bill was right. After a famous New Orleans drink called "The Hurricane" at 11:30am I then felt it was totally appropriate to walk my kids down Bourbon Street. Hey now, it was my birthday!
"Hey Mom, What this?"
 Awe shucks...they brought me an ice cream.






 This is Eli and Peyton Mannings house growing up. Archie Manning and wifey still lives there. I tried to get Nolan to walk up and get an autograph...he was not into that. :)
 Above ground grave yards. Meet Mason the Zombie!



 The houses and buildings are just so.damn.neat.




 Where we stayed. A restored warehouse!









Now were on our way to see the Alligators! 

 misters are a must 
 Yes a sand box, why can't every family friendly restaurant figure it out!

 We went to Klieberts Turtle and Alligator Farm. Home of the original swamp people. Hey look who it is! Its Mike from Swamp People(History Channel)! Boys liked that...especially Bill!








 It was an Awesome(and a tad drunk-ish) weekend! Cheers to 40!


3 comments:

bret September 21, 2013 at 5:38 PM  

Very cool post.

That first picture of Mollie with a mask is spot on for her, that should be her mask from here on out as it fits her so good. Did you buy it? If not, tell Mollie to find it and I will buy it for her.

When in Louisiana, don't eat pizza hut and if you do, don't take any pictures with the evidence in the frame.

The rest of the photos and captions are awesome. You guys do such a good job with your kids, it is very fun to watch.

bret September 21, 2013 at 6:19 PM  

P.S.

Does Mollie realize she is cursed for climbing in that tree??

You should take her back down to Louisiana and have the curse reversed by a good witch doctor.

Jodie September 26, 2013 at 11:32 AM  

Dang we got caught with the pizza hut, lol . For the record...eh I have no excuse, it was just easiest. We did get Mollie that mask. She begged till we had no choice to go finally go back and get it. :)

Blog Archive

Lake Conroe, Texas

Lake Conroe, Texas
Where we live!

About Me

This blog is just about what I love most! My family and taking pictures of my family!
To sum me up I would say...I'm a big believer in God, an okay wife, pretty good mom, wannabe photographer, sometimes runner, and a funny friend (especially when I've been drinking)!
Thanks for visiting and please let me know you were here! I could always use new BFF blog friends! :)

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP