Happy Everything...
From Thanksgiving to New Years! Just, Happy EVERYTHING. And as always I'm just so happy it's ALL over and the Sun is back out and the temps are warming back up and the kids are back in school and sports. Just. Thank Goodness.
So we went to Colorado over Christmas break. Left Christmas day and returned New Years day. It was beautiful but I do know this about myself. I would not do well in a climate where it snowed often.The kids had a blast sledding and seeing there cousins. So it was worth it, I guess. (you know the severe anxiety attacks I had while Bill was driving in the snow on dangerous cliff like roads just to get to the sledding park...ack) If I lived there I would need anxiety meds for sure if i wanted to ever get out of the house! Not to mention how much harder it would be there to have 4 kids then here. Like quadruple the work (cold weather parents..."high five", not sure I could do it, at least well). The getting on and off of gloves 100 times a day, almost made me cry. Ok enough and now for the joyful part. The cousins together, the wild animals lurking around, the beautiful scenery, the new experiences and the fun i had taking pictures of it ALL. It was Awesome and beautiful(again, can't go on enough about that) and my only regret is, I wish we would have bought Nolan a snow board so he wouldn't have had to use a sled to stand up on to conquer the mountains.
I'll start with my favorite pic from the whole trip and maybe my favorite part. I do like road trips. :)
I think i enjoyed the cotton(outside Amarillo tx) more then the snow...
Just so pretty.
ok ok this was fun and didn't require too much work:)!
you can imagine how much Hayden liked this.
Dad built a ramp because a steep icy hill wasn't fast or fun enough??:)
HAPPY NEW YEAR and yes I feel so lucky to be able to travel new places for our kids to explore even if they are COLD. Whats the saying?? "Travel is the only thing you can buy that makes you richer" (or something like that). I love it and it's so true!
xo, Jodes
























0 comments:
Post a Comment