Found the RED Swing!
The Red Swing Project was started with the intention of infusing an element of playfulness in an increasingly complicated urban environment."The Red Swing serves to remind the passerby of the joys of simplicity, inviting them to let go and be a child for a moment. Placed in different settings the Red plank of wood takes on different meanings. A tribute to the spirit of Childhood. A monument of simple playfulness. A marker of optimism in the fall of despair or simply an object for children to play on. "
After reading this you know I had to go find the swing! I found it! It is in Houston, located in the Menil District. The kids had a blast on it. I couldn't really take my usual million photos because Adults were waiting for their turn on The RED Swing! :)
I found myself tearing up while editing these pictures because the swing with all its symbolism is also a reminder that our kids won't be kids forever. To cherish even the simplest of moments, like watching our children play on a Big Red Swing!




3 comments:
Are you kidding me? Those pictures are all you need, girl. They ROCK. And I absolutely hate thinking about my children growing up. So thanks for bringing that back to my attention........KIDDING!! Especially love the one with your two boys in skins swinging together. Oh, sigh!
These are fantastic! I am glad you found it! What a great concept!
Are you ready for a book? OH MY GOSH, I cannot believe I didn't have this address in my blog. So I was wondering why you started a new one but never posted to it, DUH! I never changed it on my blog!!!You have been busy! I just spent 30 minutes catching up ( is this how you feel everytime you open mine???) ;p
ok, LOVE the RED SWING!
Hay Dude is stinking cute with the magnifying glass against his nose ;p
Your Spring Break pictures are beautiful and YOU GO GIRL sporting a bikini!!! and looking great!!!
The one of bill coming home with pizza, was Nolan just coughing? He looks like "NOT PIZZA AGAIN!!!" haha
I love Bill plays basketball with Nolan and you try to play games also...I hate games until they are old enough to play cards. We taught Sophis and Alex Spades and Rummy when they were Kindergarten and 1st grade ;D
Nolan is amazingly awesome in his baseball jersey...
I didn't read Jonah's story.I don't think my heart can handle it this early but I know Jesus still heals. I hope he will.
if I missed anything I am sorry. I have not had coffee yet and I did get on here at like 5:30ish and it is now 6:11 after writing my book. Sorry Heather and Bree if you are still reading this ;p
Well, Jodie, your blogs have become WAY personal and I love them..
OH YEA! I remember! Your niece!!! The one of her in the sand with her hands up not knowing about the sand..that is SO ME! ;p
See you in less than two weeks :D
Post a Comment