Monday, August 9, 2010

Our trip to Awesome Texas

Last weekend we loaded up and went to Austin Texas. Hayden called it Awesome Texas...he really did find this whole trip so exciting and awesome! But the poor guy has moved so many times he thought the hotel was our new home! He was OK with it! :)

We got up in the morning like Everybody else in Austin and went for a walk! I had a soy latte, I felt so at home! Austin is a lot like Portland and a bit of Eugene( artsy/hippie) and it seems everybody is a runner! So many people stopped us to compliment our Jerseys, I'm pretty sure Hayden will never take his off. He has warn it every day since! After our walk we went to a cold water springs pool! Yes the water was actually REALLY cold! It was so neat, this pool is just a part of a river that gets fed from a cold water spring. The locals know where to really go to get the rope swings and less crowds but we were just happy to be here! Oh and my kids are no longer tough Oregonians they are wimpie weather kids and thought the water was almost too cold to swim!! It was like 68 degrees...pu lease... I made them swim!:) After swimming we had to give the dude a nap so we just drove around! Saw the coolest houses and just explored. Of course Bill had to check out the University of Texas Stadium (big dreams for our boys) Most of these pics were taken from the car window!This kinda sums up what the people are like! I thought Oregonians were crazy about there dogs! I have never seen so many dogs out and about!One thing I love most about Texas is almost everywhere you look you see these stars. This one I just thought was special!You can see the capitol from the university! Bill thought that was so neat. He tried to make us go on tour of the capitol( ya OK...I'll man handle 4 kids and try and keep them quiet) No thanks! We agreed it can wait till they are older! Hayden got a nap and we came back to the hotel room to re-energize and hydrate ourselves before we went to explore Downtown 6th street. It's the historic street where everyone goes to party. Lucky for us our hotel was in walking distance!
so many cool walls for Photographs...I was in Heaven!...and Yes, most people do take there kids to the street with all the bars!We ate here... a yummy Mexican restaraunt!...and just my favorite pic from the trip! Can't you just see Mollie fitting in here! She loves her shirt so much! :) It was so nice to get out of the house for a bit and explore a new place! One of my most favorite things to do and it's really getting fun with the kids because they can appreciate it too. We want to buy canoes(when Mason can wear a life jacket) and make this an annual thing for our family! I can see us spending a lot of time here.

3 comments:

Lowdens August 10, 2010 at 12:16 PM  

"Awesome" Texas looks amazing!! My mom just saw somewhere that it's a must see city! That would be a lot of fun to explore it with you guys!
Bryce loves his jersey's too. Bryce is fond of his OSU (orange) jersey but he may have to have a Texas one, those are pretty cute, oh I mean manly :)
Mollie looks so cute in her tie dye shirt. She is a little hippie girl!

And I love your hair, looks super cute!

Lowdens August 10, 2010 at 2:30 PM  

Oh and I was going to too that when we were in Bend last week we saw a bunch of people with their dogs on their boats, rafts and kyaks (sp?). Dogs, they're just one of us :)

Andrea August 14, 2010 at 8:39 PM  

I came to your site through I heart faces. I live in Austin and loved your photos. I'm originally from Idaho, but have lived here for 3 years. Your photography is beautiful and your kids are adorable!

Blog Archive

Lake Conroe, Texas

Lake Conroe, Texas
Where we live!

About Me

This blog is just about what I love most! My family and taking pictures of my family!
To sum me up I would say...I'm a big believer in God, an okay wife, pretty good mom, wannabe photographer, sometimes runner, and a funny friend (especially when I've been drinking)!
Thanks for visiting and please let me know you were here! I could always use new BFF blog friends! :)

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP