Tuesday, May 17, 2011

O...

can you believe this? We have a pet duck! His name is Oregon (we like to call him O). Long story short we found him at a park. He was an Easter duck another family was trying to get rid of. Sad really they left him to fend for himself in the wild and he had no clue what to do. Why? Because he obviously doesn't know hes a duck! The kids were petting him near the pond and that was it he thought he belonged to us. He followed us to our car and practically hopped in. The asked to keep him and well... we couldn't say No!
So we brought him home to live on the lake with us. Everyday we walk him across the street to the lake in hopes he meets some duck friends and gets to like it down there. As of now he's not super interested, he just likes to follow the kids around and quack! He quakes a lot! He's SO cute...I seriously think he's the coolest duck!
He still has baby feathers but we think hes going to be a Mallard with the green head!





Look at this! Sophie(cat) seems to kinda like him! O pecked her a couple times in the face and she didn't even care! I think they may be good friends:) Sophie was lonely!

Until O is big enough to fly we have to keep a pale of water near his little cubby spot. He likes it a lot he can get in and out as he pleases!
This is his little cubby spot on the side of the house. It just works perfect. We don't keep him locked up. He is free to roam but he likes it in there and doesn't move much unless we take him out for a walk. We do kennel him at night(which he happily goes into) because of Raccoons and other creatures that may get him in the night! He's still a baby so I'm hoping when he gets older when he can fly he will enjoy himself at the lake more often. But for now the kids are loving him. Hayden doesn't like to walk him to the lake he's really afraid hes going to fly away. I told him I think he will always come back to get fed! I hope so!
Yes! I do feel like the BEST Mom ever for taking this on for my kids! lol (secretly though I think he's pretty cool and so does Bill) He is more work for me that's for sure just another thing that eats and poops(A LOT). But it's so great for the kids and as you can see brings them a lot of joy! Plus, I do make them do a lot of the "taking care of" it's good for them!
So Oregon is now a part of the fam! We Love him!

2 comments:

JAG May 18, 2011 at 1:14 PM  

just as long as you don't start spending huge amounts of $ on this duck at the vet..... it's ok with me! jk

can't wait to see you guys this summer!!!

bret May 18, 2011 at 2:31 PM  

Is Oregon coming to Oregon with you this summer?

Blog Archive

Lake Conroe, Texas

Lake Conroe, Texas
Where we live!

About Me

This blog is just about what I love most! My family and taking pictures of my family!
To sum me up I would say...I'm a big believer in God, an okay wife, pretty good mom, wannabe photographer, sometimes runner, and a funny friend (especially when I've been drinking)!
Thanks for visiting and please let me know you were here! I could always use new BFF blog friends! :)

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP