Big Goals
Now that school is in session I have a big goal to be a better food planner and preparer! You know prepare wholesome, economical meals and make more home made, less processed, less chemicals, less crap snacks! Have you heard about potato chips? Oh yeah in california they are making it a law to post a warning label that they may cause cancer, wtf? (Now,I just saw a small clip on the news about it so I really don't know much or what brand or if it's all chips! I sure hope its not the roasted garlic and black bean artisan tortilla chips, those are the best!) So in the last couple days I reorganized my pantry(so I know exactly what I have,I have always been the kind of person to eat the pantry empty before I go shop for more!) Went shopping and stocked up. I bought 300 dollars worth of groceries and not one item with food dye or trans fat! Feeling good about that! My kids are really starting to put away some food and I feel if I don't get a handle on this part of My Job it's gonna be bad, both by being expensive and unhealthy!
Not that I was super irresponsible about what I fed my kids before today but just with having a baby and then all the traveling this summer, I feel like we got a bit out of control. I'm feeling better already!
Now for the record, I still feed my kids treats! I don't really have a problem with fat and sugar as long as it's natural fat and sugar! And for petes sake if they go to a birthday party or just a special occasion I will not be the mom that restricts them from living a little!(Obviously if they had a true sensitivity to something, I would be!) I'm just going to be doing a whole lot more of this... making my famous cookies... Take the original tollhouse recipe! Make sure to use real butter and raw sugars(no dyes) whole flour! Add flaxseed, walnuts, oatmeal, and use 1/2 the amount of chocolate chips! Wala! Yummy wholesome goodness! My kids chow and have no idea they are not normal chocolate chip cookies and I like to call them lunch!:)
I do get completely overwhelmed when it comes to trying to avoid foods that are going to kill us or make us crazy! So in order to stay focused and motivated I need to realize I'm not going to be perfect and to just keep doing the best I KNOW how to do!
2 comments:
1/2 the chocolate chips?!?!? i cannot get on board with that!
other than that i think these are amazing ideas!
Um, I would like to hire you. Officially. I need SO much help in this area and I think you are just the girl to help me! HAHA!
Post a Comment