Thursday, March 29, 2012

My National Champ!


Your looking at the National Champion for Division 8u in the 3-3-3 Speed Stack. He also brought home 3 First Place Medals for his free agent (boys who came to compete without a team) Flying High Stackers relay team. It was a super exciting weekend and a super special weekend for just him and me!


Flying High Stackers came home with the First in Timed Relays and 2 Firsts for head to head relays. These boys were fast but because they were all "free agents" they had never practiced together before so that's a huge disadvantage. If no fumbles or scratches were to happen I knew they could win it AND they DID with only about 30 minutes the first day to practice for prelims( you have to place in top 5 to advance to finals). I think relays are the most exciting because there are lots of rules and plenty of opportunity for them to scratch(make mistakes, lose points, or disqualify) so when they get a fast, clean run its exciting stuff! I think Nolan finds it the most exciting too! :)
The National Speed Stack Tournament was held in Colorado Springs, CO. at the Air Force Academy. What a neat place to have it. Nolan and I (more I) were just in awe of the place! I asked Nolan if he would ever want to fly planes and he simply said "NO". He did however show a ton of interest in their baseball field and the only souvenir he wanted from this Amazing Place was a Air Force Academy Baseball. :)

Nolan's Awesome PE Coach. She is the one to blame for this crazy cup stacking obsession of Nolan's:) . I also have her to thank when he's a Pro ball player for helping to develop his amazing hand eye coordination!


A few Cadets came by to see what the commotion was about. One of the guys used to be a Speed Stacker Himself and came by to show off his skills. So So cool!


The Baseball field. Not too shabby having to be in this environment everyday for training!

Nolan sitting in front of just one of the planes sitting around campus.
Seriously, couldn't you just eat that face?:)

While we were there 1 world record was broken and 1 was tied! Amazing stuff. You can read about that and the Air Force Cadet stacker here. You can also find Nolan's name on the times/records board. http://www.thewssa.com/
So So Proud of my Champ!
XO,
Jodie

1 comments:

Bree April 3, 2012 at 12:46 PM  

So Proud of Nolan! Way to go! What a great experience!!!! :)

Blog Archive

Lake Conroe, Texas

Lake Conroe, Texas
Where we live!

About Me

This blog is just about what I love most! My family and taking pictures of my family!
To sum me up I would say...I'm a big believer in God, an okay wife, pretty good mom, wannabe photographer, sometimes runner, and a funny friend (especially when I've been drinking)!
Thanks for visiting and please let me know you were here! I could always use new BFF blog friends! :)

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP