Thursday, July 11, 2013

Back to Awesome Austin 2013

Maybe one of the coolest things we have done with "big" kids. On a whim we drove to Austin with the only thing on the agenda was to Explore. Day one we rented canoes and explored Barton Springs. Yeah,  I stole this pic off internet because Bill didn't trust me with my camera. BIG mistake. I should have taken it. We canoed this spot right here all the way down to the bridges. As we were just about under the bridge the train went over above us. Mason Loved that!!


That night we got our walking shoes on and from our Hotel, (which was right downtown) went to find some food. We found this! 

Hundreds of hotdogs to chose from. Ordering took a while:)
Mason and HIS Jar full of Beeeeer.
 Little kid in a big kid bar...He loved this place:)

After dinner we walked to see if we could see the bats come out from under the bridge. EVERY night at dusk hundreds of bats fly out. People line up on the bridge, wait in the park below or in conoes to watch. So cool. We got there a little late but still saw hundreds of bats flying around.
(another pic from internet) 


Day 2. Taking public transportation for about a mile to Soco District to shop. May or may not have been the most exciting part of the whole weekend.






 More food this time pizza! yes we eat fancy!



Remember we went to Austin in 2011? Here.Ya I sure did a better job of taking pics then. Dang, I also can't believe how fast the time went between trips. DU-ANG!
Stay tuned working on the next post about how we found the most magical place all in Texas! :)

0 comments:

Blog Archive

Lake Conroe, Texas

Lake Conroe, Texas
Where we live!

About Me

This blog is just about what I love most! My family and taking pictures of my family!
To sum me up I would say...I'm a big believer in God, an okay wife, pretty good mom, wannabe photographer, sometimes runner, and a funny friend (especially when I've been drinking)!
Thanks for visiting and please let me know you were here! I could always use new BFF blog friends! :)

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP